The English Country Music Weekend (ECMW) is a weekend for musicians who mainly play English folk or dance music. It is suitable for players of all of the usual (and unusual) instruments used for accompanying dance and song in the British Isles , it consists mainly of a series of music sessions, most of which are lightly led by an established musician. Some are hosted in local pubs and some in local halls. Usually provision is made for Tent, Caravan and Camper Van camping with showers and toilets available. Local hotels and B&B would be available and sometimes breakfast is available locally. Local pubs and restaurants provide other meals. The main event venue will usually be licensed.
This year – 2019 ECMW will happen in Croston in West Lancashire on the 28,29 and 30th of June.
As of now (Feb 2019), the event is still in the planning. Events we have planned are as follows:
- Ceilidh on the Saturday night in the Community Centre, with the band Union St and the caller Sid Calderbank.
- Saturday night session hosted by Pete Grassby in the Sports Club
- Talk by Geoff Hughes about the Abram Morris Dance.
- Talk by Andy Hornby about the Winder Manuscripts.
- Talk by Sid Calderbank about something Lancashire.
- Clog dancing demos etc by the Lancashire Wallopers.
- Guided village heritage trail walk on Sunday morning.
- Breakfast in the Community Centre Sat and Sunday mornings, veggie options available.
- Session leaders include:
- Martin Ellison and Roger Edwards.
- Anahata and Mary Humphreys.
- Chris Partington and Johnny Adams.
- Nick and Mary Barber.
- Roger Digby, Liz Giddings and Tim Normanton
- Themed session with Peter and Barbara Snape.
- Venues will be the Community Centre, local pubs and also the Old School.
- We are hoping to open the booking on the 1st of April (no joke!) – if you are interested in attending then please make sure you are registered with the mailing list so that you get notification as soon as the tickets are available.